Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Foundation Routine



To start of the year of blogging for me, I decided to start with a Foundation Routine, since I have a Youtube channel, it s easier to get it out of the way first! So here it is the video for you:



As I mention Moisturizer is the first thing I apply, right know i'm still trying a few different ones, but the thing is to leave it for at least ten minutes before you apply anything else to your skin.

I apply a primer after I normally finish doing my eyes (that way the moisturizer as time to sink in to the skin), the primers I love are the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer and the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer or you can check this out! Product Smackdown: Primers , and then i also let in sink in for a while so it won't be as slippery.

For Foundation:
The M.A.C Face and Body Foundation in C3.

  • Since it is so liquid-y shake it up. It is about light to medium coverage, you can build it up to full but it will come out cake-y, depending on the application. 
  • Also the fingers is the best way to apply it, since the friction and warmth of your skin will help it give more coverage to your skin.
  • Start where you need to cover the most and the blend it out.
For Concealers:
Maybelline Fit Me Concealers (in Sand and Deep), M.A.C Pro Long wear concealer (in NC35), Hard Candy Heavy Duty Concealer (in Tan).
The applications I do with the M.A.C concealer works for all of them the only difference is that when I use the Maybelline concealers I apply the darkest first and then I apply the lightest on top, so it will conceal and highlight at the same time. 
  • Normally is better if you apply on the back on your hand and the to the problematic areas.
  • First i blend it with my fingers since the heat my skin produces (or your for that matter) will help the concealer melt on the skin.
  • Then go over it with a brush (preferably one that is small and really fluffy) just to give the finishing touches.
  • Whatever is left i apply to: around the nose, on top of my nose, and in the middle of both of my eyebrows.

For Powder:
Banana Powder By Ben Nye or the M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish (in Medium, for under the eyes and Medium Golden for all over the face) or the E.L.F Cosmetics Under Eye Setting Powder.

  • Apply with a brush, sweeping from the outside to the inside, so it will prevent creasing. 
  • Pat the brush and DON'T rub.

You can spray a little setting spray, these are my recommendations:
  • M.A.C Fix+
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Spray.
  • NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray.
  • NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment